Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Nurse

If it's played just right, a Stay At Home Nursing Mother can confidently and humorously answer the age-old polite/uncomfortable question, So what do you do? with complete truthfulness.

Here's how it works (My answers in red.):


So what do you do?

Nurse.

Oh, a  nurse (Pay no attention to that extra article.). What's your specialty?

Newborn to toddler.

Where do you work?

Anyplace I'm needed; I'm always on call.

Like home health?

Yes.

Hospitals as well?

Done it there.

Public?

Yup, there too.

Must be exhausting.

It is (Make sure to smile here.).

You must really love it to be so flexible and dedicated.

I do (Smile bigger.).

Well, it's nice to know there are people like you around.

Thank you for your kind words.


At this point, you could 'fess up and enjoy the shock or walk away while raising a glass of Guinness to yourself (good for breastfeeding, right?), knowing that the almighty grapevine will do its work and get the story correct eventually.

Happy Weekend,
Allison

P.S. I have a new shake recipe that Rees loves, since he's tired of chocolate milk shakes (How can this be my child?).  Tropical Shake ~

Blend 1C canned coconut milk, 1C orange juice, and 1C frozen mixed tropical fruit.  Nice change, and coconut milk is full of wonderfulness.





1 comment:

  1. I love this so much! Breastfeeding right now! Thanks for stopping by my blog early this morning. I'd love to have you contribute to mom woman of faith if you're ever interested! Happy Sunday and have a blessed Lent.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete